Thursday, August 14, 2008

Random Fact

So this was on Perez Hilton today....


"On Thursday, the US government will release a report that reveals that the late, great chef Julia Childs worked for the gov as a spy.
During World War II, 24,000 people served in an international spy ring managed by the Office of Strategic Services, an early version of the CIA created by President Franklin Roosevelt. They were soldiers, actors, historians, lawyers, athletes, professors, reporters. The recruits studied military plans, created propaganda, infiltrated enemy ranks and stirred resistance among foreign troops.
The government report will list the names of the 24,000 people who worked with the OSS and previously classified files relating to the program."
I love to read and retain useless facts and this is one I ran across years ago...I feel so informed, I already knew this!
Anytime she is mentioned in conversation I always work this story in, so there is a chance if you talk to me much I have already told you this! Who says useless facts are useless!?

No comments: