Tuesday, September 2, 2008

When will I learn?!

So, ever since I started working here at our loverly public library I have been throwing around this idea of a people-less library with my co-workers. Basically it would be like a large underground vault if you will. It would have arms with claws that would retrieve the books and they would be dispensed through a slot.
Well look out kids someone else thought of it too! Slightly different than mine, but the same premise, it's called the GoLibrary.
Mine would house a lot of materials, where this one has a limited selection, much like the Red Box located at McDonalds and Wal-Mart.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing that beats the experience of going to the library and browsing through the books, doing research, or getting information hands on. There are some days around here that get crazy when we search high and low for a book and can't find it. This would eliminate all that confusion. Of course if all libraries converted to this I would be out of a job! I think the GoLibrary is a great idea that will appeal to our fast paced society, and possibly encourage reading to people who never think twice about going to their local library.
Either way I had the idea, did nothing with it, and no someone else is doing it!
This always happens, I had the idea for Bluetooth on phones before I ever heard of it, and now it is something used by millions of people everyday!

No comments: