Monday, August 19, 2013

My New Crock

I did it! I started and FINISHED a project one day! I really like how this crockpot turned out. Here is the step-by-step process...

Here is the crock pot that I started with

I taped off the top, the bottom, the knob, and the cord

I used Rust-Oleum Primer in white, which I purchased at Wal-Mart.

I let the primer dry for about 3 hours outside in the sun. When I applied the primer I had the pot sitting right-side up, I quickly learned that I should have turned it upside down as to not get any primer or paint on the inside.

I used Rust-Oleum Chalk Board paint which I also purchased at Wal-Mart. I let the chalk board paint dry outside all afternoon and then inside over night.

And here is the finished product...

This is my first exposure to chalk boad paint, I was worried that the finish might not be true to a real chalk board suface, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was right on the money.

I can't wait to use this at my next party or get-together, it turned out so well, I have a feeling that I will be explaining the process to my family and friends a few times over.

No comments: