Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The itsy, bitsy...

My husband and I have taken on a second job of delivering newspapers for some extra income. We run the route somewhere between 1a.m. and 6a.m., there is not a lot to keep us entertained at those hours in the morning, so we notice little things that you probably would not pay attention to in the middle of the day.

I have been watching this little guy (or gal) for a few nights now, he/she lives on a farm, in a tree, right above the mailbox and paper tube.




The other night the web was strung over the opening of the paper tube and when I put the paper in I messed some of it up, I actually felt bad. Spiders work hard; it is amazing what this spider will do from night to the next. When we pull into this driveway I always think of the story of Charlotte's Web, although this spider isn't spelling out words, it has usually come up with a new way to spin it's web.




We see all kinds of creatures when we are doing the route, the one below I prefer to see in a field and not jumping out in the road in front of me. We have had a few near misses, apparently at night deer think they run the show.

No comments: